Wednesday, November 17, 2010
I was getting rather anxious that Trade Winds Books had not responded to my historical novel outline. In April, the publisher called me and we discussed a novel manuscript based on a short story entitled Switch I had sent. It is set in the second half of the 1500s so it requires a great deal of research. I spent the next four and a half months researching enough to compose an outline and emailed it away.
Tick, tick, tick.
By the time I had finished writing the third chapter, I realized he may no longer be interested. If so, then I was probably going to change the focus of the YA novel to romance and submit it to Noble Romance (who are publishing Dawn's End for me).
So, I sent another email to Trade Winds Books and asked if they were still interested or should I look elsewhere. The response was . . . . he didn't receive my outline. Ah, technology.
So, resubmitted the outline with the first chapter (I should have proofed that better I later realized). He is going to get back to me in two or three weeks.
Since I don't know if I'll be writing this as a historical YA or a history romance YA, I've set it aside for a while.
Last night, after a writer's workshop given by NOWW, my brain kicked in and I've started brainstorming for a brand new YA romance, with a bit of controversy. We'll see where that one goes.
I think I've found my niche! :-)